|Delegation members generally hold or are seeking a Ph.D. in economics. By signing on as a delegate, these individuals are making a commitment to building economic policy literacy by giving talks based on NEED developed resources. These resources are:|
- fully customizable content to lower the transaction cost of getting into the community;
- designed by members of the NEED Delegation; and,
- fully vetted by two members of the NEED Advisory Board as representing a nonpartisan presentation of the issue.
- Both will be subject matter experts.
- If the advisory board does not have two subject matter experts, they will be recruited by NEED staff in consultation with the authors.
- Wherever possible, one Advisory Board reviewer will be identifiably liberal and the other will be identifiably conservative.
NEED Delegation members are making a commitment to:
- Seek out opportunities to present NEED developed presentations each year.
- NEED staff are available to work with delegates to identify presentation opportunities.
- Submit the version of the NEED presentation that was actually delivered for publication on the NEED website.
- The NEED presentations may be modified to fit the purpose of the presenter and may also include subsets of multiple NEED presentations.
- However, the nonpartisan/non-advocacy nature of the NEED developed presentation must be maintained.
- Contribute to the development of NEED's stock of presentation materials.
The level of commitment is up to the individual delegates. Some amount of participation is expected to be listed as a delegate, but delegates will contribute as much or as little as they are able.